Like most website operators, Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) collects non-personally identifiable information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB)'s purpose in collecting non-personally identifiable information is to better understand how Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB)'s visitors use its website. From time to time, Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) may release non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of Personal Data
Certain visitors to Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB)'s websites choose to interact with Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) in ways that require Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) to gather personal data. The amount and type of information that Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for services through our channels provide a username, email address, contact number, Card number or PIN, for validation and verification.
We allow customers to login to our mobile app through smartphone or device biometrics, which can be either a device registered fingerprint or facial recognition. We do not store the actual biometric information, but depend on device stored validation to verify your identity. This feature is available if customers opt-in to enable it and is not enabled by default.
For new customers wishing to enroll through our mobile app and self-service devices, we require them to use their device camera’s or the installed cameras to capture photo’s of their national ID, Driving License and Passport to retrieve data and information required to open an account as part of the Know Your Customer (KYC) process mandated by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB). To verify the user, we also take photos and videos and match them with the photos in the supplied IDs. Matching is performed automatically. The bank and its verification partner performs verifications and checks of new applications for quality and security purposes.
Protection of Personal Data
Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) will not rent or sell personal data and information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) discloses personal data only in response to a regulatory, court order or other governmental request, or when Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB), third parties or the public at large.
BisB will not disclose any personal data it collects about users to third parties except:
- To the extent that it is required to do so by any applicable law or regulation;
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose;
- Where BisB interests require disclosure;
- At a user's request or with a user's consent;
- To the extent that it is required to do so by any competent court, Central Bank of Bahrain or any other official authority.
Not with standing the above, BisB may disclose personal data about users to those who provide services to BisB or act as BisB's agents, to any person to whom BisB transfers or proposes to transfer any of its applicable rights or obligations and to licensed credit reference agencies or other organizations that help BisB and others make credit decisions and reduce the incidence of fraud or in the course of carrying out identity, fraud prevention or credit control checks. BisB may also transfer information collected and held about users to any country, including countries without data protection laws, for any of the purposes described in this part.
If you are a bank customer or registered user of https://www.ebisb.com and have supplied your email address, Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) and our products. Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal data. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following unsubscribe instructions included in the emails sent or you may contact us on email@example.com.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use the Site or transact business with Us, including:
- Transaction Information: We collect information about the transaction, such as product, service or transaction details, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Log Information: We obtain information about your use of our channels, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to this Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access Our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the precise location of your device when you consent to the collection of this information. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access this Site.
We do not collect, process or store sensitive information identified in the Personal Data Protection Law, without explicit consent or in compliance with Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) regulations.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information We have about you. For example, We may collect demographic and change-of-address information from third party sources and information from third parties including government approved sources, including the Central Bank of Bahrain, the Benefit Co. and other government agencies authorized by the CBB.
Your principal rights under Personal Data Protection Law are:
- the right to access - you can ask for copies of your personal data;
- the right to rectification - you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
- the right to erasure - you can ask us to erase your personal data;
- the right to restrict processing - you can ask use to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to object to processing - you can object to the processing of your personal data and direct marketing;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority - you can complain about our processing of your personal data; and
- the right to withdraw consent - to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about the rights of data subjects by visiting http://www.legalaffairs.gov.bh/AdvancedSearchDetails.aspx?id=146182
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us or contacting us by submitting a letter to Complaints officer PO Box 5240 Manama, Bahrain. Or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Links to External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Cookies used by our service providers
App Third Party Collection
Our mobile app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647 (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
If Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB), or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.